Location: EP Center Americas, Houston, USA
Closing Date: 04 November 2018
- Provide front-line Remote Sensing consultancy, leadership, technical expertise and project delivery across Shell’s diverse global portfolio of assets and projects.
- Ability to advocate, promote Remote Sensing as a business enabling technology.
- Identifying, understanding and consulting on a wide variety of business challenges and implementing appropriate remote sensing technologies.
- Must be able to independently process Synthetic Aperture Radar and Multispectral Imagery, and know when these different technologies should be used, and how to access the data.
- Develop and maintain Remote Sensing infrastructure and services, both through externally hosted services, and through the provision of locally managed datasets to support web services and ongoing mapping projects.
- Develop workflows and processes for integrating remote sensing data with other Geo-Information data.
- Carry out highly specialist remote sensing projects using internal tools, or via external or Group experts.
- Identify and pilot new remote sensing technologies and make recommendations at Group level. Develop and apply new novel techniques to maximize the business value from remote sensing assets.
- Ensure successful techniques (from pilot projects) are publicized and replicated on other projects in the company to ensure replication of best practices to derive maximum competitive advantage and value.
- Represent Shell as contract representative with key international service providers.
- Actively participate in Incident Response drills and support Incident Response through the use of appropriate remote sensing technologies and be able to integrate these into Shell’s incident response web map portal.
- Ability to think laterally and work on a varying range of challenges. Possibly working on a geological mapping project whilst simultaneously on a project for Shell Trading.
Click to View the Full Job Description on the Shell Vacancy Webpage