Student Membership Benefits
Students are an important part of the GRSG and we aim to support the activities of students and foster a strong community of student members in a number of ways, by:
- Promoting student research and endeavours using the newsletter, website and at GRSG meetings via poster sessions and conference presentations
- Providing funds for specific projects via the GRSG student awards
- Providing student members the opportunity to apply for other research bursaries such as through the Fieldwork Bursary scheme
- Facilitating networking through GRSG social media pages
- Getting students involved with the GRSG committee
- Fostering dialogue between students and other GRSG members
Student Membership is for anyone in full time education who wants to support their studies within a network of remote sensing and geology experts.
The GRSG understands the financial pressure that students face and hence this membership fee is greatly reduced.
Student Member can also apply for further financial assistance for their studies and travel bursaries to the Annual Conference.
Student membership costs £10.00 per year
When registering as a student member, you will be asked to confirm your status as a student, to help us with this verification process you must register on the GRSG website with an academic or student email address.
You will also be required to provide the GRSG with a copy of an enrolment certificate confirming your enrolment on an accredited university course. This document will need to list the course you are doing, the course duration and end date.
Once we have confirmed that you are a student then you are free to make the most of our student benefits including discounted membership to the annual conference, access to the student travel grant award process (see https://www.grsg.org.uk/grsg-for-students/student-travel-bursaries/) and access to our Student Software Offer.