The Geological Remote Sensing Group (GRSG) Americas, in partnership with the University of Houston, invites you to a workshop focusing on the role of Earth Observation (EO) and remote sensing in the Energy Industry.
As the industry moves towards sustainability, driven by Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) considerations, the significance of EO and remote sensing continues to grow. This workshop will encompass insightful case studies, introduce emerging technologies, and present advanced methodologies. Participants will engage with a diverse group of professionals from the energy, space, academic, and government sectors.
We invite you to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations on but not limited to the following topics related to the energy applications of EO/remote sensing:
- Exploration, appraisal, and development of oil and gas, and renewable energy projects
- Operational monitoring of energy assets (e.g. InSAR, pipeline monitoring)
- Methane and greenhouse gas emissions monitoring
- Emergency response applications (e.g. spill, hurricane response)
- Asset retirement and site rehabilitation
- Carbon offset projects including Nature-Based Solutions
- Emerging ESG themes (e.g. carbon footprinting, biodiversity reporting)
We are also interested in contributions related to new EO/remote sensing technologies including new sensors, platforms/satellite constellations, data workflows, and machine learning/AI methods.