The Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg, Faculty of Natural Sciences III, Institute of Geosciences and Geography is advertising a 3-year temporary position, starting from 1st May 2019 for Research Assistant / Research Fellow.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Master degree in geography, geology or equivalent, with a strong focus on hyperspectral (VNIR, SWIR, LWIR remote sensing, several years of professional experience or doctorate in the field are desirable.
- Very good knowledge on the detection and quantification of mineralogical or geochemical parameters using spectral reflectance measurements (field, laboratory, airborne data).
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills.
- Experience in the planning and conduction of field campaigns.
- Ability to conduct fieldwork, at times for long hours or under strenuous circumstances.
- Excellent knowledge of English, basic knowledge of German; Basic knowledge Russian is an advantage.
- Valid driver’s license (equivalent German class B)
- Basic knowledge of R is desirable.
CLICK FOR COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION
The closing date for applications is 30th March 2019.