Geospatial / Remote Sensing Scientist
Houston, Texas, USA
Closing date: 30th June 2017
To apply, follow the link: https://jobs.chevron.com/job/Houston-Geospatial-Remote-Sensing-Scientist-Texa/409867600/
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Geospatial Remote Sensing Scientist located in Houston, TX or San Ramon, CA through June 30, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provides geospatial and remote sensing analysis and technical expertise to Chevron’s international and domestic operations.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to support environmental risk assessments, impact studies, or ongoing monitoring;
- Provides geospatial support for Chevron emergency preparedness and response efforts including oil spills.
- Manages and provides technical expertise to support research, development and application of environmental geospatial and remote sensing technologies across the enterprise.
- M.S. required, Ph.D. preferred with emphasis on remote sensing and GIS or geoinformatics for environmental, agricultural, geology, geophysics, geography, or related disciplines; significant remote sensing or GIS course or research component.
- PhD with minimum 2 years’ post-graduate experience; or M.S. with 5 or more years’ post-graduate experience.
- Experience of a broad range of geospatial and remote sensing technologies with preferred environmental application experience.
- Expertise including: knowledge of geographic and cartographic principles.
- Experience with ESRI Suite of products, application of geospatial analytics and implementation using ESRI or open source products (e.g. R).
- Familiarity with open source GIS and web-mapping capabilities, knowledge of programming languages e.g. Python, ArcPy, Matlab, etc., managing geospatial data including raster and vector datasets.
- Ability to provide technical consulting to support environmental geospatial and remote sensing projects (e.g. geospatial models, sensor selection, and provide assessments of new technologies for environmental applications).
- Implement spatial analysis and remote sensing quantitative methods for characterizing environmental conditions in support of projects and effectively implement geospatial technologies for operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including strong ability to communicate technical issues clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Ability to facilitate discussions and negotiate successfully and collaboratively with broad, diverse and multi-cultural audiences including business unit HES specialists and managers; external consultants, regulators and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and provide effective presentations and training worldwide.
- Demonstrated ability to build team consensus and work effectively and collaboratively in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment.
- Strong customer focus, and skilled in managing the delivery of high quality, value-added technical HES consulting services that meet customer expectations within agreed budget and schedule including for international customers in different time zones.
- Expected 30% Domestic and/or international Travel.
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.